Cebu City Marathon 2012 5k 01/08/12
Before the race:
- Burning question: Will I run like cheetah at a savannah or corgis on a treadmill?
- Pretty fireworks.
- Mud. Everywhere.
- Is it just me or did my belly get bigger?
- These shorts are too short for me.
During the race:
- Slowest start ever.
- Yep. There it is. Ouch.
- Pain level: 7 out 10. Minute 13. This is going to be fun.
- Could this stretch of road get any steeper?
- Okay. I give. 10 minutes. No! 5 minute walking break.
- 1 kilometer to go. Run. Run!
- That woman sounds like she’s in labor.
- Breathing hurts. Light bulb! I should do a breathless kick.
After the race:
- Answer: Corgis on a treadmill.
- I think I’m gonna puke.
- Oh, great. A band.
- MOVES LIKE JAGGER!
- Don’t I have a singing audition tomorrow?
- Eternal question: Which is hotter; a hot runner or a hot singer?
- Those Globe & Castrol models need a sandwich and a nap.
- Not in the mood for cool downs.
- That guitarist is too old for that genre.
- Should’ve joined the fun run version of this race.
- I’m swearing off dairy during race week for good.
- My belly did get bigger!
- Maybe next time.
- I’m not in the finisher’s list. Is that good or bad? 33:07.75